HTML

Monday, December 04, 2006

The Return Of Seth Godin

I get a subscription to Seth Godins daily Blog... "Seth's Blog". Its riddled with stark cruelty at times.... honest, but a cruel sense of reality. SO I find it relevant and at times hysterical.
Today he had a picture of a sign that read, "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT"... and here is what he wrote about it....

"Another mystery to ponder.

Why would anyone put a sign like this up on her store?

If I liked your store before, now I'm on notice to be careful--it might not be as good.

If I didn't like your store before, why on earth am I paying attention to your little sign and why should I go out of my way to take another chance?

This is a vivid symbol of the ego-centric nature of most marketing. The sign is about the owner, not about the prospect."

Isn't this the case with most businesses today?


No comments:

Get Into Real Online Marketing Action